[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答���: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] TGbe Teleconferences [03/16/2022, 03/17/2022]: Agenda Posted

Hi Chunyu and Duncan,

I have no much time to response your questions on the call. Please find my further response below.

Chunyu: IMO it's a request. But it doesn't need a control loop to accomplish it.

[Guogang Huang]Actually, I’m a little surprise for your question and I remember I explained it before. I would like to explain it a bit more.

Before 11be, 802.11 has already defined the Transmit Stream/Category Measurement Request/Report to monitor the experienced  QoS for a TID with/without TSPECs. Maybe you can think over why 802.11 needs to define the  Transmit Stream/Category Measurement Request/Report.

I can try to give an example to explain the usage of this measurement report.

Example . Assume an AP MLD accepts the request from the associated non-AP MLD to add a low-latency traffic flow. When the experienced QoS of this traffic flow is worse than its QoS requirements, then the non-AP MLD will  generate a report and send it to the AP MLD. Then the AP MLD may initiate a TID-to-link mapping negotiation or establish a rTWT on some links for this TID.  In addition, the AP MLD may refuse a new request from this non-AP MLD or other non-AP MLDs to add a new low-latency traffic flow. Because it cannot support any new requests to add a new low-latency traffic flow.

Duncan: If I remember correctly, you mentioned you want to define a fast feedback mechanism

[Guogang Huang]I remember we ever discussed my contribution last year and accept your suggestion to reuse the current Transmit Stream/Category Measurement Request/Report. After that, I didn’t receive any comments from you. Anyway, if you have another better design, please show me it and we can discuss it. Otherwise, I doubt whether I want to see the progress on this direction.

Regards

Guogang Huang