I am trying to avoid re-introducing the term "Control frame", as I really don't think this is appropriate for a definition.

Kind regards

Stephen

On Mon, 12 Sept 2022 at 16:32, Wullert, John R II (PERATON LABS) <jwullert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stephen,
   One concern I have with your proposed definition is that while the term contains the words "single radio" the definition says "one or more" which can lead to confusion.  Perhaps we need to focus the definition not on how many radios the device has but on how many it uses in the context of the EMLSR operation.  While the former may be one or more, I believe the latter must be one.
John

From: Stephen McCann <mccann.stephen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2022 10:26 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] EMLSR and EMLMR definitions

Rubayet,
              I don't think the EMLSR definition is ambiguous. The current definition that I propose supports the second of your options.

Kind regards

Stephen

On Mon, 12 Sept 2022 at 16:20, Rubayet Shafin <r.shafin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Just for my understanding--why is it better to stay silent and keep things ambiguous?? We have had enough discussion in the group that is rooted from this ambiguity. I think it is time to clear that out.

  • If EMLSR is only for single radio devices, I think it has to be stated in the spec clearly
  • If EMLSR is for both single and multiple radios devices, I think it also has to be stated in the spec clearly.

Best

Rubayet