Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] TGbe latest documents for September plenary

Ack.

Moving to independent motion.

Regards,

AA

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 1:33 AM Yang, Zhijie (NSB - CN/Shanghai) <zhijie.yang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Alfred,

May I request to have more discussion on the resolution on CID11120 and CID11439 in 1344r2(Motion) 432.

The technical concern can be found as follows as well as in the reflector, and I don’t see any further response from the author and the commenters, etc.

Regarding the resolution on CID11120 and CID11439, there are two technical issues:

  1. (1st )Switch to DFS channel(encounter Radar)à(2nd )Switch to the second DFS channel: When the affiliated AP switches to first DFS channel and perform CAC, the affiliated AP shall set the disabled Link indication in RNR element to prevent legacy STA/ associated non-AP MLD/unassociated non-AP MLD probing that AP, the affiliated AP may switch to the second DFS channel when it encounters radar signal. In this scenario, the non-AP MLD can know when the affected AP starts beaconing via the updated Expected duration field in TID-To-Link Mapping element on the disabled link. The proposal to have the second Max channel switch Time signaling will confuse the non-AP MLD as two Timer appears in one Beacon/probe response frame.

  1. (1st )Switch to DFS channel(encounter Radar)à(2nd )Switch to the non-DFS channel: the non-AP MLD also can know the updated Beacon time via the updated Expected duration field in TID-To-Link Mapping element on the disabled link. And the affected AP will reduce the expected start Beaconing timer in such case. e.g. the affected AP expects to start beaconing after 1 mins when it’s stay in the DFS channel, and it will start Beacon immediately after switching to a non-DFS channel.

In summary, seems it’s not necessary to set a Max Channel Switch Time element again when the affected AP is on DFS channel, as the signaling can be obtained via the signaling in TID-To-Link Mapping element , please correct me if I make any mistake.

(#11120, #11439) NOTE - The reporting AP might increase the value carried in the Switch Time field of the Max Channel Switch Time element if the affected AP performs a second channel switch between the target time of a first channel switch and the time at which the affected AP will start beaconing on the new channel corresponding to the first channel switch

Thanks

Best Regards

Jay Yang