Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] TGbe latest documents for September plenary

Hi Minyoung,

Thank you for the document. I took a quick look at it. As you pointed out in your resolution to some of the comments: “As IEEE 802.11WG develops new amendments, new information elements are defined that are included in a Beacon frame and as commented in CID 12158, there needs to be a way to deliver these new information elements without causing a problem to the Beacon frame defined in the current 802.11 standard going forward

In other words the purpose of the Beacon-A frame should be multipurpose and not narrowly restricted only for Multi-Link Traffic Indication Element (MLTIE). So it would defeat the purpose to have an AID bitmap outside of the MLTIE since each new feature added to Beacon-A frame may be applicable to different sets of AIDs. So the AID bitmap should be carrier inside the MLTIE in my opinion for the solution to be generalizable. Regarding whether the AID partial bitmap within the MLTIE should be for all AIDs after AID k or only for AIDs after AID k that are set to 1 in the TIM (as in CR 1202r1), it is a finer level detail I guess and we can discuss about tradeoff between overhead and complexity.

Also for DTIM beacons, would the Beacon-A frame be transmitted before group-addressed data/management frames or after? This part might need more discussion probably.

Regards,

Vishnu