Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] CR doc 1381r1 - Beacon-A frame

Hi Minyoung and all,

In addition to the comment mentioned by Minyoung at the start of this discussion, I have another as follows:

The AID Bitmap element introduced is not reasonable.  First, in many cases the element itself costs more bits than the saved bits from ML traffic indication element. Please have in mind that it is in a periodic broadcast frame. Second, it brings much more complexity in parsing the information.

I suggest to consider to piggyback a new AID on TID-To-Link Mapping element to make it easier. An non-AP MLD is updated with a new AID along with updating TID-To-Link Mapping from default mapping to non-default mapping back and forth. Through this the AP MLD can make the ML traffic indication element in small size. Piggybacking a new AID on TID-To-Link Mapping element is very small resource consuming. Someone may think that the solution brings a burden to the AP MLD. Managing AID is a piece of cake for the AP MLD, comparing to much more complex tasks such as MU scheduling.

Thanks!

BR,

Xiangxin Gu

Communication Standards Devision