发件人: Minyoung Park [mailto:mpark.ieee@xxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2022929 1:54
收件人: huangguogang <huangguogang1@xxxxxxxxxx>
抄送: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] CR doc 1381r1 - Beacon-A frame

Hi Guogang,

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Isn't the group's consensus to allow T2L mapping for both uplink and downlink?

[Guogang Huang]Yes, the current T2L mapping can be negotiated for both UL and DL. But my point is, even the T2L mapping negotiation can support both UL and DL, the real implementation case is it’s the best choice to apply the default mapping for the downlink transmission.

Why is T2L mapping only useful for UL and not for DL?

[Guogang Huang]Because the AP MLD as the manager know the traffic load on each link. The best choice is to let the AP MLD dynamically schedule the downlink transmission based on the real-time traffic load.

When T2L mapping for DL is set up and not all TIDs are mapped to all enabled links, how does a non-AP MLD know which link to use to get buffered BUs with a TID that is not mapped to all enabled links?

[Guogang Huang] I had explained the downlink T2L mapping is not very useful. Furthermore, the downlink T2L mapping is not good for the non-AP MLD’s power saving. For example, TID #n are only mapped to link 2, affiliated STA 2 is in PS mode and affiliated STA 1 is in active mode. If there are buffered BUs with TID #n, according to the current draft, affiliated STAs shall wake up to retrieve buffered BUs. But in this case, especially the traffic load on link 1 is low, we should allow the non-AP MLD can retrieve buffered BUs on link 1.

Even when  T2L mapping for DL is set up and not all TIDs are mapped to all enabled links, the AP MLD still can inform a non-AP MLD know which link to use to get buffered BUs by defining a MLTI A-control field.

Regards,

Minyoung