Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Updated SEC comment resolutions for LB 266

Hi Mike,

                Thanks for preparing the resolution, for CID 13599, I think since we say PTK is between two MLDs, the reply check for data should be based on two MLD for any case without the following yellow condition. This will also include  TDLS between MLDs. Hence, I think we need to remove yellow below.

If the To DS or From DS subfields in the MAC header of the MPDU are not both equal to 0, and the MPDU is an individually addressed Data frame transmitted by a STA affiliated with an MLD, the receiver shall discard any Data frame that is received with a PN less than or equal to the value of the replay counter that is associated with the transmitter MLD MAC address and priority value of the received MPDU.

                For CID 12322, I sent the following email before on 08/17. Can you craft reasons based on the minutes of previous discussion?

Hi Mike,

                As I have mentioned in the call, I believe this has been brought up several times in the calls, and technical reasons/discussions are available in the past. I cite the meeting minutes for this discussion in the past below.

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/22/11-22-0754-02-00be-minutes-of-tgbe-2022-may-interim-mac.docx

  1. Technical Submissions:

    1. 704r1 CR for ML Security for Individually addressed Management Frame            Guogang Huang     [2C      10]

C: some concerns. link specific information should be used to protect the message. By using MLD address, the link specific information is missing. The change is too late.