Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答���: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] RDG/More PPDU subfield (CID 11827)

Hi Yunbo,

In my previous email, I forgot to mention that RDG/More PPDU is not enough to indicate the termination of TXS as I commented in CID 12421. Since the STA can work as a RD initiator within the shared TXOP period, the STA can set RDG/More PPDU to 1 for RD not TXS termination.

Thanks,

Ronny

보낸 사람: 용호
보낸 날짜: 2022 11 17일 목요일 오전 6:19
받는 사람: Liyunbo; STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
제목: RE: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] : [STDS-802-11-TGBE] : [STDS-802-11-TGBE] RDG/More PPDU subfield (CID 11827)

Hi Yunbo,

I think what you mentioned 'a target STA becomes a RDG responder' in your previous email is wrong: Once the STA is a target STA in MU-RTS TXS frame, the RDG/More PPDU subfield in HT/VHT/CAS Control field have the same meaning, which is return the allocated TXS time period to AP. A non-AP STA will be a TXS target STA and RDG responder at the same time.

A STA becomes a RDG initiator when it transmits a frame and during a TXS shared period, the STA transmits a frame.

When a STA is a target STA in MU-RTS TXS frame, because the STA can be a TXOP holder within the shared TXOP it can transmit a frame. Therefore the STA can be a RDG initiator not a RDG responder.

I have submitted related comment CID 12421.

12421

To improve efficiency of triggered TXOP Sharing feature, it's needed to allow reverse direction(RD) between non-AP STA and non-AP STA. In mode 1, RDG/More PPDU is used to indicate to terminate TXOP sharing. However, when RD is used this bit can be used for RD. More data bit or More data bit with RDG/More PPDU bit shall be used for this purpose.

Please make the following changes to allow reverse direction.

During the time allocated by an associated AP, the non-AP EHT STA may transmit non-TB PPDUs to the AP or another STA if the TXOP Sharing Mode subfield value is 2. The non-AP EHT STA may become a RD initiator during the TXOP sharing allocation. The non-AP EHT STA may transmit a QoS Data or QoS Null frame to an associated AP to terminate the allocated time, if both the More Data subfield in frame control field is 0 and the RDG/More PPDU subfield in CAS Control subfield of the HE variant HT Control field is equal to 0.

NOTE 1--For example, the other STA can be a peer STA of a peer-to-peer link.

During the time allocated by an associated AP, the non-AP EHT STA may transmit non-TB PPDUs and only to its associated AP if the TXOP Sharing Mode subfield value is 1. The non-AP EHT STA may become a RD initiator during the TXOP sharing allocation.

Best Regards,

Ronny Yongho Kim

보낸 사람: Liyunbo
보낸 날짜: 2022 11 16일 수요일 오후 10:50
받는 사람: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
제목: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] : [STDS-802-11-TGBE] : [STDS-802-11-TGBE] RDG/More PPDU subfield (CID 11827)

Hi Alfred,

OK, I see that sentence. I didn’t notice the different variant of HT control type when I prepared the text in 35.2.1.2, my mistake. The signaling could works for all variants of HT Control. We should remove the condition in 35.2.1.2.  What’s your opinion?

Regards,

Yunbo