Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion related to multi-link TDLS [doc 11-22/1796]

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for set-up a mail thread. See my comments bellow.

  • Liwen ? need to consider a general scenario where the number of links being considered for TDLS discover/setup are greater than those with the intermediate AP (MLD).
    • Response ? the intention is to keep the design simple. The LINK ID is based on the link ID assigned by the intermediate AP MLD (it serves as a common reference). Furthermore, TPK generation requires a common trusted entity ? which will be the AP MLD’s MLD MAC address and the BSSIDs of the APs operating on the links that are being setup between the peers.

<Jay> The link number of AP MLD is possible less than the non-AP MLD in several cases, e.g. AP MLD removes several links via reconfiguration and leave one link, non-AP MLDs don’t have any chance to setup multiple TDLS connection in this senario. If so, I don’t believe anyone could buy it. According to my understanding, AP or AP MLD just forwards some of TDLS discover and setup frames in baseline. Why combine the TDLS link number with AP MLD link number, I don’t find any necessity among them.

Thanks

Best Regards

Jay Yang