Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Announcement: Motions for TGbe on Wednesday 04th of January 2023

Hi Gaurang,

There have been discussions online on CID 10053 and based on the points raised in the TGbe online meeting, in a smaller group consisting of delegates who had expressed their opinion on the matter. There was also CID 10155 on a related topic on which you too had expressed your opinion and there was a similar discussion. I think it is necessary, also from the perspective of the comment resolution procedure, to resolve the issue of NSTR mobile AP supporting EMLSR clients in the context of the CIDs related to it, rather than make a change as part of an unrelated CID.

I am copying below some salient points on how NSTR mobile AP MLD can and should be allowed to work with any kind of client.

Can you please elaborate on your observation: “Allowing EMLSR operation with NSTR mobile AP MLD will create additional rules and exceptions for EMLSR, which already has many rules and exceptions.In the interest of stabilizing the spec, in my opinion disallowing EMLSR operation with NSTR mobile AP MLD is the right way forward.

According to me, the current NSTR mobile AP spec already allows supporting EMLSR clients. So, a NSTR mobile AP implementation that wishes to support EMLSR clients can already do so without any additional support from the spec. So, I am not asking for any additional text in the 11be spec. On the contrary, the proposed change is adding text to the 11be spec to rule out support for EMLSR clients. Therefore, what is the motivation to introduce additional text only to explicitly prevent an implementation from supporting this feature, if it can already do so without requesting for any spec support?

Further, even with your proposed restriction to rule out EMLSR clients, the NSTR mobile AP is not prevented from scheduling (DL or triggered UL) a single link client on the primary link and an NSTR/STR client on the nonprimary link.  This possibility is no different from supporting EMLSR clients.

Regards,

Shubho