[STDS-802-11-TGBE] CID 11138 in doc 11-22/1978

Hi Subir, All,

During yesterday's TGbe MAC call, we discussed resolution for CID 11138 in doc 11-22/1978. The comment was related to the description of the STA Profile field of Basic Multi-Link element.

Subir suggested to check if other variants of Multi-Link element need similar change to the description of STA Profile field.

My conclusion is that we don’t need any further changes. Here’s a brief summary of my analysis:

In the current draft, only Probe Request and Priority Access variant of Multi-Link element can have STA Profile field. The description text for STA Profile field for Probe Request and Priority Access variant is sufficiently detailed in describing the format (and contents) of the field under different conditions. Therefore, we don’t need further changes. The only addition we could consider is to make reference to clause 35.16 (under Priority Access variant) for conditions when the (MU) EDCA Parameter Set elements are included in the STA Profile field.

I’ve included snippets of the description for the two variants for your reference.

Description of STA Profile field in Probe Request Multi-Link element:

Description of STA Profile field in Priority Access Multi-Link element:

Could you please let me know if you agree with my analysis and/or if you have other suggestions?

Regards,
Abhi