Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] AP removal and AP addition as critical update events - CR doc 22/1838r1

Hi Alfred,

Could you please list following document in MAC Ad-hoc queue for CID 11433, which is currently scheduled for Thu AM1 session.

  • 11-23/0036 - LB266 CR for ML Reconfig critical update events (3 CIDs, including CID 11433)

All,

This CR doc provides resolution for CIDs asking for AP Removal and AP Addition events to be considered as critical update events. I separate CIDs resolution into this CR doc for a separate discussion on this topic. Please review and provide any feedback/suggestions you have.

CR doc proposes two options for listing AP Removal and AP Addition as critical updates.

Option 1: AP Removal and AP Addition events added under clause 11.2.3.15 (TIM broadcast) as critical update events

Option 2: AP Removal and AP Addition events are indicated as ML critical update events under 35.3.10 (BSS parameter critical update procedure), without impacting TIM broadcast clause.

I am good with either approach. Please share feedback if you prefer one over the other.

Thanks,

Binita