Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Bug fix #3 in doc 11-22/1978

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your inputs. Since it is a NOTE, I didn’t use normative text.

I have revised the NOTE as follows:

NOTE – Since the Mapping Switch Time field carries only bits 10:25 of the current TSF, changes to bits 26:63 of the current TSF are not communicated to the receiving MLD. Therefore, upon receiving the TID-To-Link Mapping element containing Mapping Switch Time field, the recipient MLD must consider the rollover of bits 26:63 when computing the TSF (i.e., in case of rollover, it must increment by 1 the value represented by bits 26:63 of the current TSF to compute the TSF as a modulo 2^64 when the mapping switch would occur).

Could you please let me know if you have further suggestions?

Regards,
Abhi