Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] CID 12862 in 11-22-1503r4

Hi all,

Thanks Liwen for your contribution 11-22/1503 and thanks Stephen for highlighting the rejection reason of my CID#12862.

I agree with Stephen that the rejection reason for this CID#12862 is not satisfactory.

I think that current EMLMR signaling mechanisms in draft v2.3 could support the activation/desactivation of EMLMR mode on several EMLMR links sets with the effort of only few additional text.

So, even if it goes beyond current implementations, only few additional text could be added in standard draft to indicate and drive such possibility which may be of interest for future implementations.

Here is below a text proposal to revise this CID#12862 in doc. 11-22/1503 :

“A non-AP MLD may enable/disable EMLMR mode independently and simultaneously on several EMLMR links sets by transmitting several EML Operating Mode Notification frames to the AP MLD. To enable/disable EMLMR mode independently and simultaneously on several EMLMR links sets, the EMLMR Link Bitmap of these sets shall be disjoint.

If a non-AP MLD with dot11EHTEMLMROptionImplemented equal to true intends to deactivate a current EMLMR mode applying in an EMLMR links set after multi-link setup, then a non-AP STA affiliated with the non-AP MLD shall transmit, on a link belonging to the EMLMR link set, an EML Operating Mode Notification frame with EMLMR Mode subfield equal to 0 to disable the EMLMR mode for this EMLMR links set.”

Best regards

Mike