Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Max allowed assoc request and max allowed active links

Hi Abhi,

I understand your explanation for CID 18091 and I am supportive of this addition. I have a question though; how will this work when AP deletes/adds links; i.e. does the AP commit to supporting the same number of max links even after deleting/adding links (so it is a static capability), or are you expecting this number to change as links get added/deleted (so it would be an operating parameter). I expect it is the former, as currently there is no way a non-AP MLD can react to such an operating change, but please kindly confirm.

With regards to CID 18092, I see an issue with your proposal when one or more of the links operate in EMLSR mode. D3.0 specifies that links implicitly move to PM=0 following enabling EMLSR mode. Therefore, this new feature either limits the number of links that can enable EMLSR (so that they are always less or equal to the “number of links a non-AP MLD can be simultaneously active on”, or the AP MLD will have no way of telling which link(s) are in active state after EMLSR is enabled.

CID 15062,  currently assigned to me, is asking to alter the EMLSR behaviour, i.e. allow the links to stay in doze mode when EMLSR mode is enabled, but my resolution plans to allow (using a newly defined capability) for the current behaviour if the non-AP MLD wants to implicitly move all links to awake state.

How will your feature cope with this aforementioned issue, or otherwise do we need to consider always keeping the links in their current (prior to EMLSR enable) state?

Kind regards,

Michail