Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBH] 11-23/1453r0

Hi Dan,

The state created on the AP and STA is per-AP level, not per-BSS. After the STA associated with the AP(AP1),the STA can send Class1/2/3 frame to AP1. But the STA is only allowed to send Class 1 frame to the second AP(AP2). e.g. the STA can't send Class 3 frame, like Data frame, to AP2. Obviously, the STA is in the state 1 from AP2 perspective.

When we talk "transactional exchange", i guess there is a precondition to say the transactional exchange shall be between one entity peer, like AP1 and STA1 is an entity peer, while STA1 and AP2 is the another entity peer.  If so, beacon request/report between AP1/STA1 is a transactional exchange, while probe request/response between STA1/AP2 is another transactional exchange. It looks like one transactional exchange insert into the procedure of another transactional exchange. Maybe I'm totally wrong as 11aq doesn't describe this part very clear.

Best Regards

Jay Yang (杨志杰)

Wi-Fi  Standard Research Engineer

ZTE Corporation

R&D Building I, No.899 Bibo , Pudong District, Shanghai, P. R. China

T: +86 15021324431

E: yang.zhijie@xxxxxxxxxx

www.zte.com.cn

Original