[STDS-802-11-TGBH] 802.11 TGbh LB 283 comments sheet and status, and plan for next week

All,

I have uploaded a comment tracking sheet for 802.11 TGbh LB 283 (D3.0), here: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/24/11-24-0380-01-00bh-ieee-802-11bh-lb283-comments.xlsx

All CIDs, except 5 of them, have been withdrawn by the commenters.

Before we can start the Initial SA ballot on TGbh, there are two items that need to be addressed:

  • There are <ANA> placeholders in the draft.  These all have assignments from the ANA at this point, but those have not been recorded into D3.0.  That needs to be done to start SA ballot.
  • Similarly, D3.0 is still under MDR review, within the Editors group.  That review will complete Tuesday AM in Denver.  TGbh will need to consider the output report, and make any updates needed to satisfy MDR requirements, before we start SA ballot.

And, the 5 CIDs that remain (not withdrawn, per above) are all “editorial” glitches (in my opinion) that make it harder for the draft to be understood/reviewable by the SA ballot pool members.  I think it makes sense to correct those now, also, before starting SA ballot.

So, my plan for the Denver session is to address the points above:

  • Update the <ANA> placeholders
  • Consider and address the comments from the MDR process
  • Ask Carol (as the Editor) to correct the issues raised in the 5 remaining CIDs, and mark those CIDs as resolved with appropriate Revised/Accepted resolutions.

This will result in a D4.0.

That D4.0 can then be put to a (final, we hope) WG LB recirculation, to complete as quickly as possible (around April 3, I hope).  That still leaves time to hold the Initial SA ballot (30 days) and have the results ready for the May session in Warsaw.

I’ll be asking the TG to be prepared to consider the plan above, and approve appropriate motions to accomplish it, during our meetings next week.

The other procedural things we need to do next week, to follow this plan are:

  • Approve a report to the 802 EC, outlining our status and requirements for a “conditional approval” to start SA ballot.  (The conditions are that the D4.0 WG LB results require no technical changes to the draft, which I hope will be the case.)  I will post a draft of the EC Report shortly.
  • We need to re-affirm our PAR, and that we believe the Draft adequately meets the PAR scope.  The PAR can be found here, for your reference: https://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/11/PARs/P802.11bh.pdf
  • Similarly, we need to re-affirm our CSD document, that accompanies the PAR.  The CSD can be found here: https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/22/ec-22-0088-00-ACSD-p802-11bh.pdf.

Again, please come to the TGbh meetings during next week’s session prepared to take action on these steps.  If anyone has any concern with these steps, please let me know asap, so we can address the issue promptly during next week.

Thanks!  Mark