[STDS-802-11-TGM] update on comment resolution file, plus D6.0 rtfs uploaded

Dear 802.11 TGmc participants,

I have uploaded an updated comment spreadsheet here:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/15/11-15-0532-49-000m-revmc-sponsor-ballot-comments.xls

I have performed the following steps:

·         Categorized the comment (see table below)

·         Determined “submission required” based on how complete the proposed changes are

·         Assigned to MAC and GEN with various comment groups based on comment location

Here is a summary of the comment groups and “Submission required”

Owning Ad-hoc

Unassigned

Submission Required

Grand Total

EDITOR

138

24

162

Editorials

133

21

154

Frame Formats

1

1

MAC Operation

1

1

Trivial Technical

5

5

(blank)

1

1

GEN

38

34

72

Annex R

4

5

9

Intro

4

4

MIB

2

2

4

No page numbers

3

5

8

PHY

4

7

11

SAPs

9

8

17

Security

12

7

19

MAC

65

35

100

Annex G

1

1

Frame Formats

18

7

25

MAC Management

20

11

31

MAC Operation

19

16

35

Mesh

7

1

8

Grand Total

241

93

334

Note “Editorials” means “commenter said the comment was Editorial”

Submission required is my opinion as to whether the proposed change is in itself sufficient.

Based on past behaviour,  if you are the author of a comment shown to be “Submission Required”

you are likely to be asked to provide a submission to specify the proposed changes in sufficient

detail.

The commenters and their count of “Submissions required” is:

Owning Ad-hoc

Submission Required

(blank)

Grand Total

RISON, Mark

69

199

268

Sakoda, Kazuyuki

8

6

14

Malinen, Jouni

1

9

10

TorabJahromi, Payam

4

5

9

Cordeiro, Carlos

9

9

Kasher, Assaf

3

4

7

Trainin, Solomon

4

3

7

Grow, Robert

2

2

4

Hamilton, Mark

2

2

McCann, Stephen

2

2

Venkatesan, Ganesh

1

1

Seok, Yongho

1

1

Grand Total

93

241

334

And here are my categorizations:

Count of CID

Owning Ad-hoc

Description

EDITOR

GEN

MAC

Grand Total

Clarity/consistency (Small scope)

45

11

36

92

Editorial

80

80

Clarity/consistency (Medium scope)

25

22

24

71

Enhance or change existing feature

10

15

25

Clarity/consistency (Large scope)

5

9

10

24

Bugfix (Medium Scope)

5

8

7

20

Bugfix (Small Scope)

2

5

6

13

Bugfix (Large Scope)

7

2

9

Grand Total

162

72

100

334

Note “Editorial” means,  given a cursory reading, and without knowledge of the user’s view of the comment,  I determined

that it was clearly editorial.   Some of the 133-80 comments where my cursory reading disagreed with the commenter

might eventually move to another ad-hoc,  or might end up in the “Trivial Technical” comment group.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +1 (971) 330 6025 (mobile)