Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11me/D0.0 CID 324 (L())

Hello Mike,

I am highly sceptical that anyone looking to understand what L() means

in 11.45.3 or Clause 12 will consult 11.23.4 Service hash procedure in the

course of doing so.

However, if we are to introduce a new editorial convention that

"uncommonly used function names" need to be cross-referenced the first

time they are used, I would suggest:

- Renaming L() to Slice(), so that it is as obvious as Truncate-N(),

obviating the call for a xref in 11.23.4

- Adding xrefs for int() and bin[], since these are rather uncommon

(the former doesn't convert a real to an int, and the latter, well,

it's just weird)

- We consider whether we need to xref the first use of HMAC-SHA-*-n,

since I'm not sure how "commonly used" this is

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk