From: George VLANTIS <george.vlantis@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 6:45 PM
Subject: New Entry Requirements for Canada for Visa-exempt Foreign Nationals - Important Information
To: "jrosdahl@xxxxxxxx" <jrosdahl@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jon,

         From STMicroelectronics Human Resources, I received this notification today about traveling to Canada, if the traveler is not a Canadian or U.S. citizen.     Maybe the contents (and hot-linked URLs) would be useful to our Asian  and European colleagues, since we will be in Vancouver in March.

Cheers.

From: regional information
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:19 PM

Traveling to Canada? eTA for Visa-exempt Foreign Nationals

New entry requirement now in effect

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.

The leniency period that allows travellers to board their flight without an eTA ended November 9. Find answers to questions about applying for an eTA during this period.

Be prepared: Apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada. Most applicants get approved within minutes. However, some applications can take several days to process so don’t wait until the last minute.