Re: [STDS-802-11] Results of WG11 Polls regarding November 2021 and January 2022 sessions

On 9/6/21, 2:39 AM, "Mark Rison" <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While I understand that we all would love to get back to F2F meetings asap, at least for me as an international participant, I believe the pre-departure requirements (PCR Test within 48 hours etc.) and the 14 – 21 days quarantine requirement upon return to home country (likely on personal expense) is a bigger concern (than possible infection).

This.  Being lucky enough to be double-vaccinated, I have no concerns

about dying of COVID-19.  I would, however, have concerns about hotel

quarantine.  Canada is currently on the "green list" for return to the

UK, so I would be happy to attend a F2F in Canada this November, but

if the F2F in Panama had not been cancelled, I would not have attended,

assuming it remained on the "red list"

So you don't have any irrational concerns over COVID risk, you have concerns over irrational response to COVID by your rulers and how that can affect you.

(The USA is on the "amber list",

which is equivalent to the "green list" for the double-vaccinated, though

there is a risk it might slip into the red list, and in any case I

would consider very carefully which jurisdiction within the USA a

meeting is held in (e.g. Florida does not seem to me to be the best of

choices).)

It's not particularly bad though either. 21st out of 50 states for death rate per 100,000 [1]. Of course the governor has an (R) by his name so one must ascribe the worst possible outcomes to that state.

That said, the number of confirmed cases per million in the UK is slightly higher than in the US [2]. But then no one is considering meeting in the UK currently.

> Perhaps it would be good if we also collect the reasons for people voting No from next rounds of Poll. It may provide more insight.

I agree.

  I disagree.

  Dan.

[1] https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

[2] https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/biweekly-covid-cases-per-million-people?tab=chart

--

"the object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to

escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." – Marcus Aurelius