[STDS-802-16] HARQ DL MAP IE inside Sub-DL-UL-MAP

Hello,

I have a question relating to a HARQ DL MAP IE (of the Chase combining type) residing inside a Sub-DL-UL-MAP.

The Sub-DL-UL-MAP may contain HARQ ACK offset indicator IE. Section 6.3.2.3.60 states: “An MS that failed to decode any of the previous maps shall disregard all HARQ allocations made by this map, if HARQ ACK offset indicator is 0”.

To me, “Failed to decode” suggests that the MS must attempt decoding previous Sub-DL-UL-MAPs even if the map fails the CID mask test, because I see no requirement on the BS to ever set the indicator.

Do you think it is OK to assume the BS will always use this indicator if there is an HARQ region defined in the Sub-DL-UL-MAP? This way I can use the CID mask test to avoid parsing Sub-DL-UL-MAPs which are not directed at the MS.

Thank you,

Elad Eyal
Software Architect
Comsys
Tel +972 (9) 9717895
Fax +972 (9) 9717887
elad.eyal@comsysmobile.com
www.comsysmobile.com

They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **