From: Joanne Wilson [mailto:joanne@arraycomm.com]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 5:05 AM
To: Gal, Dan (Dan); '802. 20 Coex CG (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: stds-80220-coexistence: Items 1.1 and 1.2

Dan,

This is an interesting compilation that you have pulled together.  It is not clear to me how sections 1, 2 and 3 which are minimun  (mandatory) performance requirements for GSM, TDMA-136 and cdma2000 are related to a coexistence study, or how they are comparable to section 4 of your compliation which in the (non-mandatory) 802.16.2  Recommended Practice on Coexistence of 802.16.2  Fixed Broadband Wireless Access Systems.  I also note that the 802.16.2 Recommended Practice only addresses coexistence with other 802.16 systems and the performance requirements in sections s1, 2 and 3  do not appear to consider or address other systems and how they may impact each other.   The table of contents of these different documents is certainly insufficient to tell us if they are comparable or not.   Can you present the scope and/or purpose sections of these documents so that we can better understand how they were intended to be used?

Best regards,

Joanne