RE: contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - ARID

Daniel,
        This is a very interesting issue, and I think it may be
applicable to more than one WG.

The information that you would want to make available at the
APs (e.g. the ARID) is something that would seem to fit
within the scope of 802.21, where the benefits of having a
generic identifier that can be used over different
technologies to support this L2/L3 handover distinction and
what format this information should take can be discussed.

However, the way that this information is communicated, be
that over a 802.11, 802.16, other air interface will be
technology specific and should really be discussed within the
WG in charge of standardising that technology.

Within 802.11 this issue would be welcome within 802.11 WIEN
SG.

Kind regards

Stephen