Re : contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - ARID

Daniel,

In your proposal, an ARID of 8 bits is included in the beacon. Some questions about the techical issues in your proposal:

1. Where is the ARID configured?  Configured in Access Router or Access Point?

2. In your proposal, "ARID (Access Router Identifier) can be simply configured in conjunction with the SSID on the AP".
Could you please explain a little more about how to assign the ARID?

3. Do you mean each Access Router or Access Point has an unique ARID? Do you think of the "Link ID" discussed in IETF DNA WG?

In my opinion, the concept of "ARID" is similar to that of "Link ID" in IETF DNA WG. Of course, ARID is 8 bits and more concise than "Link ID" in IETF DNA WG, where the 32 or 128 bits "Link ID" was proposed .

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Xiaoyu Liu
Senior Researcher