[802.3_B10GAUTO] Reminder- P802.3cy 1st recirculation ballot deadline

Colleagues,

The 1st recirculation ballot on P802.3cy closes on Wednesday 14th September 2022 23:59 AOE. For details see

https://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/B10GAUTO/email/msg00387.html . Please pay attention to the editorial notes in red on pages 27 and 79 detailing issues discovered while implementing the approved comments.

Natalie has also supplied the work item notes from the comment resolution interims:

Figure 165-27 has a balun (we deleted the other figure with one) and we need a better definition for the balun or a comment to replace it with something else.

The number of bits for the droop test should be checked to see if they need to change based on the changes that were made to the MDI frequency and test board frequencies.

165.5.3, P93L51:  We had an item on our list to consider removing this "shall".  The sentence was reworded slightly, but the shall is still there.  This should be checked.  Here is the item on the list:  Consider removing “shall” as related to AC-coupled as this is difficult to test and it isn’t clear what the conditions are.

165.3.2.2.17 Check to make sure all the numbers have been updated correctly from 802.3ch.

Finally, some reminders on the comment process:

Make sure your ballot/comments/supporting presentations are sent to the BALLOT reflector by the deadline

Make sure you send the correct comment file

If this happens well before the deadline, the commenter has time to send the correct file

If not, the commenter may be categorized as not returning a ballot or comments will be marked as “late”

Please check your comments to make sure that you don’t have:

Comments with incorrect clause/line numbers

Comments that don’t clearly identify the issue, or ask a question instead

Comments that don’t provide specific text in the response---the Editors will NOT guess what specific solution will satisfy the commenter if a specific change is not proposed

Comments submitted as ASCII text---it’s an allowed format but wastes the Editor’s time and can lead to errors

P802.3cy is not meeting during the September interim series, see https://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/B10GAUTO/email/msg00386.html for details. As the September interim is four days, you must log attendance for two fo the four days. This means attendance at the Thursday WG meeting and one other meeting must be recorded to get attendance credit.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson

Chair, P802.3cy 25 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Task Force

Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html

President

High Speed Design, Inc.

Portland, OR