From: Lusted, Kent C <kent.c.lusted@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2023 3:29 PM
To: STDS-802-3-B400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Lusted, Kent C <kent.c.lusted@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Task Force Review (D1.1) - Proposed Responses and Bucket1 Posted

Dear Colleagues,

The P802.3df Task Force Chair delegated to me the announcement of the proposed response reports and “bucket 1”.

Proposed responses to comments submitted during the second Task Force Review of IEEE P802.3df D1.1 have been posted (see:  https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/comments/index.html).  Please note that there are three files:

·       All Initial Proposed Responses listed by Clause – https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/comments/D1p1/8023df_D1p1_comments_proposed_clause.pdf

·       All Initial Proposed Responses listed by ID – https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/comments/D1p1/8023df_D1p1_comments_proposed_id.pdf

·       Proposed Responses Placed in “Bucket 1” – https://www.ieee802.org/3/df/comments/D1p1/8023df_D1p1_comments_bucket1_clause.pdf

Note to all commenters and participants –

In the interest of devoting as much meeting time as possible to perceived issues, the editorial team was encouraged to make liberal use of “Bucket 1” for comments.   Individuals are encouraged to review the file containing all of the bucket responses.  Requests to withdraw comments from “Bucket 1” must be made to John D’Ambrosia, Matt Brown and Kent Lusted by Friday, 27 January 2023 12noon EST.  (17:00 UTC)  This can be done with this link: mailto:jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx;mbrown8023@xxxxxxxxx;kent.c.lusted@xxxxxxxxx?subject=[P802.3df]%20IEEE%20P802.3df%20Bucket1%20Pull%20Request

As part of the Chief Editor’s report that will be heard near the beginning of the meeting on Monday, 30 January, a motion will be made to accept the proposed responses to comments in “Bucket 1.”  Please note any comments withdrawn from “Bucket 1” will be excluded explicitly in this motion.

My thanks to all individuals for their review of the document, and Matt Brown and our editorial team for their diligent efforts in responding.

Regards,
-Kent