Re: [802.3_ITSA] IEEE P802.3cx meeting materials posted

Dear Lokesh

Thank you for reviewing the draft D2.1 and submitting your comments.

The “Proposed Reject” status for these comments stems simply from the fact that you did not provide any clarification as to why you suggest that to be done or what the value of the change would be. During the draft balloting process, we typically try to minimize the changes to the ones that are necessary to move forward and produce the most readable content possible.

My only concern with the changes is modification of the names of legacy registers already existing in IEEE Std 802.3-2018. Time permitting today, we can discuss this in some detail, but we have close to 80 comments to go through and just 3 hours to do it. I suspect we will need an interim meeting to finish them.

For the future reference, please, do add a clarification similar to what you presented in the email below – it does help understand what the value of the change is and why the change is being requested. Additionally, rather than submitting 20+ comments on the very same change scattered across Clause 45, it would help to have a single comment with justification and just affected locations listed in the comment. It makes the processing much simpler for me, and easier for others to read and examine.

Thank you

Marek