[802.3_OMEGA] 15 May Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs Study Group meeting reminder, registration

Colleagues,

As previously announced, the Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs Study Group will be meeting via teleconference on 15 May 2020.  The primary reason for this meeting is to consider comments from other WGs on our proposed Project Authorization Request (PAR) and Criteria for Standards Development (CSD) documents  and if necessary to approve modified PAR and CSD documents.

Please note the following items:

Presentation and motion requests
The Agenda presentation for the call has been posted.  All attendees should review slides 8 through 14 prior to the call.  We can save time if we do not have to go into detail on the information in this presentation.

I have created a presentation (Responses) that include comments received to date from other Working Groups on our proposed PAR and CSD documents.  I also have added possible responses to those comments.  I will update this presentation prior to the call if other WGs choose to submit comments.  Reflector discussion on proposed responses is appropriate prior to the call.

I have created a presentation (Motions) that include the basic motions we may or will have to pass in preparation of IEEE 802.3 approval of our project documents on 21 May (teleconference interim WG meeting), and by the 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee Executive Committee on 28 May (teleconference meeting).  Any changes to Objectives, PAR, and CSD will be change marked in this document.  The current posted version has possible changes to the CSD responses in response to comments received to date that match the Responses document.

If there are any other issues you want to consider that require SG action, please let me know.

SG teleconference registration
Because it is possible that roll call votes may be required on any given motion, registration for the call is required.  Please register at least 24 hours prior to the call.  You can do this by clicking on the following link <mailto:bob.grow@xxxxxxxx?subject=15%20May%20OMEGA%20SG%20registration> or sending an email to bob.grow@xxxxxxx with the subject 15 May OMEGA SG registration.  Please provide your name, employer, and affiliation in the email.

15 May teleconference information
802 Seat 2 - Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs Study Group
Hosted by Seat2 802Webex

Friday, May 15, 2020 9:00 am | 1 hour | (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 798 162 618
Password: 3ENaXt9xpQ4 (33629899 from phones and video systems)

Join by video system
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Join by phone
+1-510-338-9438 USA Toll
Access code: 798 162 618

Regards,

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs Study Group