Re: [802.3_OMEGA] Comments on P802.3cz project documents

Bob-

Actually, this criteria dates from the days before microcomputers or LANs were common and the common structure was (expensive) mainframe terminal controllers with dedicated speciality cabling to each terminal which was relatively cheap. The attraction of Ethernet at the time was a shared infrastructure of peer participants.

Geoff Thompson