[802.3_OMEGA] Baseline test for IEEE 802.3cz PMD/MDI

All,

On the IEEE 802.3cz call today, I provided a contribution on baseline text for the PMD/MDI (attached). I would like to make a motion to adopt this text as part of the baseline text at our next interim meeting as we move to D1.0.

The purpose of this note is twofold:

  1. Can I ask you to review the contribution and let me know if you have any comments to improve the text?
  2. Can I ask you to review the contribution and let me know if I can add you as a supporter for the contribution?

I would like to get your input prior to Friday, March 5 so I can make any necessary changes and submit for consideration by IEEE 802.3cz at our March 16 interim meeting.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven E. Swanson

Senior Standards Manager

Distinguished Associate

Global Technology & Industry Standards

MT&E

Corning Optical Communications

4200 Corning Place

Charlotte, NC 28216

m 607-725-1129

swansonse@xxxxxxxxxxx

Standards are a bridge between markets and technologies; whoever controls the bridge controls the future…