Re: [802.3_OMEGA] Ichiro Ogura: Re: [802.3_OMEGA] Baseline test for IEEE 802.3cz PMD/MDI

Dear Ichiro and all,

Mission profiles for reliability are not standardized in 802.3. In general terms, in the automotive industry
each use case in an OEM requires different mission profile (e.g. it is not the same the mission profile of
an IC embedded within electronic injection unit, an IC in BMS, an IC in a cockpit display, …) because
number of hours and ambient temperatures are in general different.

Qualification and reliability assessment in automotive is a complex topic.

I recommend you to read the contribution
https://www.ieee802.org/3/cz/public/15_dec_2020/ortiz_3cz_01_151220_reliability_assesment.pdf

In this contribution you can find:
  • Introduction to basic basic reliability approach identifying its limitations
  • Introduction to advanced reliability assessment including why it is necessary
    • Very important to identify most of the failure modes of the devices and base technology
  • Introduction to mission profile and how it is defined
  • A mission profile that David (author) proposed as reasonably applicable to OMEGA components.

Best regards,

Rubén Pérez-Aranda
CTO at KDPOF

Knowledge Development for POF, S.L.