[802.3_OMEGA] P802.3cz progress

Colleagues,

Thanks to those that participated on the teleconference today.  We are making progress but have a lot of work yet to do.  If you go to https://www.ieee802.org/3/cz/public/mar_2021/luisma_3cz_01_0321.pdf, you will find the Chief Editor’s report from the plenary.  Our comment resolution has basically progressed to Slide 9 in that presentation.

1.  I propose that we hear the delayed PMD presentations from the plenary first on our 30 March teleconference.

2.  I expect there will be time remaining after the two PMD presentations to go to comment resolution for the remainder of call time.  If you go to https://www.ieee802.org/3/cz/public/mar_2021/luisma_3cz_01_0321.pdf, you will find the Chief Editor’s report from the plenary.  Our comment resolution has basically progressed to Slide 9, Order 10 (“bucket” 10) of comments in that presentation.

3.  Luisma Torres, our Chief Editor would like to move the EZ  comments (bucket 23) up earlier in the sequence of comment processing.  Please be prepared to request removal of any comments from this bucket if you feel any of the 96 comments should be discussed.  During the 30 March teleconference, Mr. Torres will request we approve the proposed responses to all comments remaining in the EZ grouping without any discussion.

Please note we also agreed (without objection) to continue with weekly teleconferences and that based on progress, an April 6 teleconference will be scheduled (a separate announcement email will also be sent).  I have received a request to consider a motion during that teleconference to adopt detailed deadlines for complete PMD proposals and PMD baseline text.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force