[802.3_SPEP2P] Next meeting and continuation - SPE Pt to Pt Enhancements Study Group

Our next meeting will be, as expected, on Wednesday the 9th of June, and with a follow-on on Wednesday 23 June.

After that there is the break before the plenary.  We will also meet during plenary week.

Please see the 802.3 calendar for webex information

The draft PAR and CSDs for the ‘near-term’ project have been submitted.  We need to step up work on the ‘long-term’ project, and, working not only on draft PAR and CSDs, but on a brief tutorial presentation on the long-term vision to charter a continuation study group to complete the long-term PAR and CSDs.

Key questions still remain –

  • What rate – or will there be rates?
  • What reach (or reaches) – and how do these map to potential CSDs for distinct identity and broad market potential

Ultimately these are driven by key applications.  So far we have heard varied applications, but I think we will need better focus in order to converge on CSDs.  Answering those questions, and the market drivers for them, will allow us to craft the PAR, CSDs, and objectives, as well as put the story together in a short overview presentation asking for the continuation study group.

Please let me know if you plan a presentation and the possible title by Friday before the meeting.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx