[802.3_SPEP2P] AW: Discussion about 1GBit/s for SPE

Hi Steffen,
we are preparing a longer presentation which would cover also your questions, but short answers in advance. The cable should be shielded IEC cable with ~ 0.57 mm (AWG 23 ). We have a lot of experience how to handle shields for 100m links. Therefore the noise is secondary and solvable for all mentioned environments.

The mayor issue is the insertion loss and his implication to modulation of the transmit signal.( and comparison with 1000BASE-T1 bu and 1000BASE-T). Your calculation for Il are right but noise will be handled by coupling attenuation. My calculation shows that for longer length the optimum PAM Modulation moves to PAM4 (with lower Il ~35 dB)

Thank you for joining the technical discussion.
--
Mit freundlichem Gruß
Best regards

Dr. Dieter Schicketanz