[802.3_SPEP2P] website update - presentations, par/csd comments, proposed responses

All – please see the 802.3 Point to Point SPE Enhancements website uploads for Wednesday’s meeting, and let me know by end of day today (Thursday 7/15 AoE) if you have a presentation request.

Especially see the comments from other working groups on the proposed 802.3de PAR and CSD responses, along with the drafts incorporating the proposed responses.  It is my personal opinion that these are reasonable comments and we should accept the changes.  I also received a comment from Bob Grow, who chairs the 802.3 PAR review group, on an 802.3 reflector to undate the reference to 802.3-2018 in the par scope, since we may be amending the revision, and we should accept that as well. At the PAR review meetings with .1 and .11, I reviewed that with them, and they concurred, but did not formally comment on it.

I would also urge the group not to make changes to the managed objects CSD response unless there is a compelling reason for it.  Remember, we will have to explain any changes at both 802.3 and the 802 EC  - and this gets hard when they don’t relate directly to comments discussed with the other WGs.

Finally, if you are planning any motions or straw polls, please let me know, as we need to set these up.  We will need motions for the revisions to the PAR and CSDs, as well as motions for the objectives for 802.3de, particularly to resolve whether we will be working on half-duplex or not.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx