[802.3_SPEP2P] Proposed 802.3 Greater than 10 Mb/s long-reach SPE Study Group Agenda for 9/29

The meeting agenda for Wednesday September 29, 2021 will be exclusively focused on defining the project documentation for what we have been calling the ‘long term’ project – a greater than 10 Mb/s rate PHY and associated power.  I have received one contribution for the meeting already and expect at least one more.  If you intend to bring contributions, please let me know ASAP.

Additionally, I plan to update the working draft PAR, CSDs, and objectives as appropriate, and should post updates Monday.  Due to 802 PAR review submission requirements, if we wish to have our project documentation considered at the November plenary we need to produce something complete (or near complete) by the end of the meeting.

We still have some significant work to do – most notably determining whether our scope extends beyond 100 Mb/s, and supporting technical feasibility and broad market potential if we should choose a broader scope.

Depending on content of contributions, it is likely that one or more straw polls may be taken to indicate the level of interest among subject matter experts (SMEs) to provide baseline contributions (so PLEASE ATTEND, if you plan to be contributing).  Hopefully, contributions and such polls will support both our CSDs as well as ensure that any resulting project has objectives aligned with the expertise and interest in contributing.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx