[802.3_SPEP2P] SASB approves IEEE P802.3de PAR, Study Group Transition

All –

I have just received the minutes from the IEEE Standards Association Standards Board meeting, and am pleased to announce that the PAR for IEEE P802.3de Enhancements to the MAC Merge Function and the Time Synchronization Service Interface (TSSI) to Include Point-to-Point 10 Mb/s Single Pair Ethernet has been approved.

We will shortly be announcing the first meeting of the new IEEE P802.3de Task Force, after consulting with our calendars and IEEE 802.3 Working Group leadership; however, as before, I do not expect a Task Force meeting this interim cycle.

That said, we do have our scheduled Study Group meeting on Wednesday (see https://www.ieee802.org/3/calendar.html ).  Since the original study group charter has now expired (according to the rules) with the issuance of the PAR, the meeting on Wednesday will be conducted as the first meeting of the new, “Greater than 10 Mb/s Long-Reach SPE Study Group”.  This means we will have a bit of extra business at the start of the meeting.

Please look for an email on the meeting agenda.

Congratulations to those transitioning to IEEE P802.3de, and hopefully the Greater than 10 Mb/s SPE activity will not be far behind.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Point-to-Point Single Pair Ethernet Enhancements Study Group

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860