[802.3_SPEP2P] [802.3dg] Reminder - contributions

All – just a reminder, please consider contributions for the 802.3dg 100 Mb/s Long-Reach SPE Task Force meeting on July 13.  While the contribution request deadline is Thursday AoE, it would be helpful in planning the meeting to get an idea what we are going to have sooner rather than later.

We are just getting started, and I expect to be discussing timeline and trying to get consensus on paths to baseline proposals.

Some topics of interest that may help progress and frame the work include:

  • Particular requirements of market use cases (e.g., latency, reach, noise environments, relevant specs)
  • Characteristics of target link segments (what’s installed, how much, what do we know about its usability)
  • Characteristics of noise environments
  • Potential updates to powering
  • Questions that individual technology experts (e.g., PHY guys, Power electronics guys, cabling guys) have that might provide guidance in offering appropriate solutions
  • Observations on characteristics and performance of existing solutions which might guide our activities (e.g., liaisons we might be looking to)

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE P802.3dg Task Force

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.