[802.3_SPMD] list of questions for further work in power discussion today

Below is the list of items I captured from our discussion today for possible further work on the power allocation.

Personally, I think we need to come to some conclusion on item 3 before we can adopt a baseline, and the values for 1 & 2 come out of that.

We also need further work on (4), which perhaps might benefit from the method/tool that Chris presented today?

1. allocation for a data only device

2. allocation for device denied or not requesting power at the current time

3. total allocation for unpowered devices at any time

4. distribution of variable inductances spatially across the mixing segment

5. can the PHY drop the 80 uH minimum inductance to a lower value (goal 20 uH)?

6. Is 5.6W the right minimum value?

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.