[802.3_SPMD] Potential items for draft progress - food for contributions

In case you weren’t on the call today, we need to make some progress on baselines.  Editorially, I’d like to make the following suggestions:

  1. Propose consensus items for PLCA node id/mixing segment membership.  (this will help us fill out any needed edits to clause 148 as well as LLDP TLVs)
  2. Review draft 0.2 and consider at least items flagged with editors note.  Need especially to consider whether to (a) delete pcs_status or to (b) define a new purpose & way that it gets set (we must do a or b – the draft is inconsistent otherwise).  As suggested, pcs_status could be how we would fill 30.5.1.1.4 aMediaAvailable.  It is dependent (for many phys) on link_status, and more or less corresponds to the 'link light' on many phys.
  3. Propose budget/inductance allocation for data only devices (or in general, unpowered devices at any time).  (this will help us converge on  clause 104)

Additionally, see editor’s report from January 13 (the 01a version) (especially the last couple of slides) for items that you may be interested in contributing to. (e.g., some ‘systems considerations’ contributions might be helpful in designing constraints – the power discussion we had today starts to get to some items there)

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx