[802.3_SPMD] EXTENSION OF D1.1 COMMENT CYCLE

All, sadly I must inform the TF that we only received comments from 2 individuals outside of the TF leadership. This is simply not good enough. This is a consensus process and that requires participation from the TF membership to make progress.

One of our editors is tied up with non-IEEE work for the next few days so they won’t be able to start processing comments fully until Wednesday. Therefore, I am announcing I am extending the comment cycle until 11:59PM AOE Tuesday Apr 30. For convenience, I have attached the original review cycle announcement as this email has all the details needed to comment.

Please take some time over the next two days to review the draft and make comments. There are a lot of TBDs still in the draft. Please make suggestions for text to fill out the TBDs. Additionally, there are several sections that have no text, only an editor’s note saying we need contributions for this section. Please contribute away!

Regards,

Chad Jones

Principal Engineer, Cisco Systems

Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group

Chair, IEEE P802.3da Task Force

Principal, NFPA 70 CMP3