From: Dreyer, Steve [mailto:steve.dreyer@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 1:10 PM
To: Rogers, Shawn; stds-802-3-10GBCX4@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [10GBASE-CX4] Xmt Level

Shawn,

Two processes we use have issues at 800mV.  Maybe other processes
can support it, but not all.  I think spec should be inclusive
of all processes, and moving down by 50mV  to 750mV to be more
inclusive seems reasonable and not too big a price to pay.

As to the multiple supply issue, I agree that many chips use multiple
supplies because of the reasons you stated, but that is not true
in all cases.   And many customers want single supply, low power
operation.  It seems that that spec should be designed
to allow this and not exclude it.

Steve