[10GBASE-CX4] Sponsor Ballot Status - Update on Sacramento Meeting - Call for Presentations

Hello Task Force Members,

As you may note by the subject line, we are running hard and fast.

First off, the Sponsor Ballot of D5.0 failed to close on schedule because we
did not meet the IEEE-SA 75% return rate requirement. We were two ballots
short on Sunday at 12pm EST. As a result, IEEE-SA reopened the ballot and we
are now officially meeting that requirement. The ballot will close again
tonight at 12pm EST. Thanks to those of you who diligently met your
responsibility to review and ballot on time. For the two task force members
who did not, I am thinking of a few bars in Sacramento that can help you to
ease your guilt... and the group's thirst for a round of drinks! :)

Secondly, this is a reminder that we are meeting in Sacramento this Thursday
and Friday. *PLEASE* be there promptly at 8:00am so that we can start
business on time. Comments have been posted onto the web at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/ak/public/comments/d50/index.html so you can
download them and start thinking of resolutions. Howard has been working
feverishly to get these comments processed. He deserves a handshake when you
get the chance, so please be sure to thank him personally for his
dedication.

Finally, if you have a presentation to address the resolution of a comment,
please contact me as soon as possible. I would like to finalize an agenda
and provide that to our membership as soon as possible. Please check the
website daily (or more often) for updates as it will be live for the next
few days. It is our intent to resolve all comments at this meeting and get
to recirculation by next week. This means we will have to be very focused,
and make changes to the document only where absolutely necessary, and make
them with precision. Your expertise is highly essential to this objective.

Sacramento is a nice place and the weather is expected to be absolutely
perfect. Warm enough at night and cool enough during the day for casual
wear. I look forward to seeing you here.

Regards,

Dan Dove
Chair, 802.3ak Task Force
Principal Engineer, LAN PHY Technology