RE: [10GBASE-CX4] Sponsor Ballot Status - Update on Sacramento Meeting - Call for Presentations

There was a bug in my comment #86.  I misquoted the current draft and should have written:

"Change:
In order to form a complete ***Physical Layer***, the PMD shall be integrated with the appropriate physical sublayers (see Table 54-1) and with the management functions which are optionally accessible through the Management Interface defined in Clause 45, all of which are hereby incorporated by reference.
   to:
In order to form a complete PHY (physical layer device), a PMD is combined with the appropriate sublayers (see Table 54-1), and with the management functions which are optionally accessible through the management interface defined in Clause 45, or equivalent.

I think this means that PICS items XGE, XGXS and PCS can go. And I suppose the title to table 54-1 should be changed from '... physical layer clauses' to '... PHY (physical layer device) clauses'."

Changing "Physical Layer" to "PHY (physical layer device)" because the former includes the RS and there's no particular reason to bring the RS into this paragraph.

Piers