Re: [802.3_50G] P802.3cd D3.4 has been posted

Hi,

I was reviewing the spec and the new bandwidth definition for TDECQ is not entirely clear.

1 - Obviously the measurement bandwidth (BT4 ORR) for TDECQ is still 26.5625 GHz – correct?

2 – Why do we need to capture a roll-off up to 1.3 x 53.125 GHz? This is not realistic from a hardware receiver IC point of view, neither from a T&M bandwidth point of view.

Thanks,

Kees

MultiLane Inc

3.4 proposal:

The combination of the O/E converter and the oscilloscope has a fourth-order Bessel-Thomson filter response with a bandwidth of approximately 26.5625 GHz to at least 1.3 × 53.125 GHz and at fre-quencies above 1.3 × 53.125 GHz the response should not exceed –20 dB.

The normalized noise power density spectrum, N(f) in Equation (121–9), is equivalent to white noise filtered by a fourth-order Bessel-Thomson response filter with a bandwidth of 26.5625 GHz.

3.3: