From: Yuanqiu Luo <yuanqiu.luo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2020 9:14 PM
To: STDS-802-3-NGBIDI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3-NGBIDI] Update to Comment #21

Dear All,

When implementing resolution of Comment #52,  we modify Clause 108 to include the XSBI interface to support 10GBASE-BR20 RS-FEC. One of such modifications is adding a new paragraph (in blue text) to 108.4 as follows:

108.4 Delay constraints

The maximum delay contributed by the 10GBASE-R RS-FEC sublayer (sum of transmit and receive delays at one end of the link) shall be no more than 24576 bit times (48 pause_quanta or 2457.6 ns). A description of overall system delay constraints and the definitions for bit times and pause_quanta can be found in 44.3.

The maximum delay contributed by the 25GBASE-R RS-FEC sublayer (sum of transmit and receive delays at one end of the link) shall be no more than 24576 bit times (48 pause_quanta or 983.04 ns). A description of overall system delay constraints and the definitions for bit times and pause_quanta can be found in 105.5.

The blue text is a better resolution to Comment #21. It follows the remedy suggested by Piers, and 2457.6ns is explicitly specified.

Below is D2.1 Comment #21 resolution from the September meeting.

In other words, Comment #52 resolution takes precedence over Comment #21. I would like to propose to update the resolution to Comment #21 as  --- ACCEPT IN PRINCIPLE. See Comment#52. Add a new first paragraph to 108.4 “The maximum delay contributed by the 10GBASE-R RS-FEC sublayer (sum of transmit and receive delays at one end of the link) shall be no more than 24576 bit times (48 pause_quanta or 2457.6 ns). A description of overall system delay constraints and the definitions for bit times and pause_quanta can be found in 44.3”.

Please check this out and feed back to me by Tuesday, October 6th.

Regards,

Yuanqiu