Re: [802.3_B400G_ELEC] Topic: Floating taps for Rx FFE

Your observations suggest that there is an issue with the implementation of the "FOM method" and, in my opinion, efforts should be focused on correcting the implementation rather than adding options for alternatives.
I say this because, by definition, a search that optimizes FOM should always result in the best FOM and I do not immediately see anything inherent to a FOM-based search that would result in "blocking" issues.