Sent: 14 July 2021 16:25
To: STDS-802-SEC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802SEC] IEEE SA Governance Training

Dear All:

Please see the following message from the IEEE SA Governance team.  Please feel free to share this information with your Working Groups.

Hi Everyone,

IEEE SA is offering a series of webinars to familiarize those leading/involved in IEEE standards development activities with the following IEEE SA Governance committees: the Audit Committee (AudCom), New Standards Committee (NesCom), and Review Committee (RevCom).

While the training won't be specifically geared toward any one Standards Committee, we will cover typical pitfalls to avoid, and provide tips that are relevant for everyone who is working in IEEE standards development. Here are some of the topics that will be covered:

- An overview of where the Governance committees fit in the standards development process and how that fits into IEEE

- Roles of staff - describing what Governance Program Managers do and what OPM Program Managers do, and how this can help you

- A description of each committee's role and list of current members

- Submittal timeline and process

- Explanation of the review process and what the committee will look for

- Key elements (i.e. for NesCom, looking closer at the PAR)

- Conventions and guidelines

- Comment resolution

- Maintenance cycle

- Related webpages and resources, including our all of our contact information

If you are interested in attending these webinars, please fill out the time zone-enabled poll <https://doodle.com/poll/w5cq4x3qcp6vzv4a> to select a date and time. The sessions are all the same, so you only need to pick one time slot, but if you would prefer to hold the time for more than one, we will send a calendar invitation with the Webex information for each session selected. If possible, please include your full name in the poll so we can send the Webex information to you.

Please feel free to share this information with others.

Thank you, and please let us know if you have questions,

Lisa Weisser (AudCom and NesCom)
Karen Evangelista (RevCom)