[802.3_DIALOG] PDCC announcements regarding IEC 11801-1 Amd 1 and ITU-T K.147

All, the minutes for yesterday’s PDCC meeting have been posted on the PDCC public site. In those minutes, I have summarized the latest development in the work of the 802.3 delegation to SC 25 W 3. I have included some last-minute text editing to be included in the next revision of 11801-1 Amd 1. I am preannouncing that we will further discuss this text in the PDCC ad hoc meeting held during the May interim series, with the intention to bringing the text to the WG meeting on the evening of 16 May. If you have comments on the text, you can send them to me or attend the PDCC meeting, or bring the comments up in the WG meeting (though I’d ask you discuss your concerns with me before bringing them to the WG so as not to cause surprise or delay).

The minutes are posted here: https://www.ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/PDCC/public/minutes_240403.pdf

A second item from that meeting is a review of ITU-T K.147. You might recall that we approved a contribution from 802.3 to ITU at the March WG closing meeting. K.147 should have been included in that effort but was inadvertently forgotten. There is a collaborative review document posted in the PDCC k series private area: https://www.ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/PDCC/private/Kseries/index.html. I’d ask that interested parties take one last pass through the document. After the 17 April PDCC ad hoc meeting, I will take the results of the review and convert them into a contribution from 802.3 and then request the WG authorize submission to ITU in the may WG meeting. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Chad Jones

Principal Engineer, Cisco Systems

Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group

Chair, IEEE P802.3da Task Force

Principal, NFPA 70 CMP3